Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Talk Like a Pirate Day!


Well me hearties, last year I totally forgot about Talk Like a Pirate Day. It suddenly dawned on me a few minutes ago that the day is coming up yet again- and it's today! Avast!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out the official site. The site has a good intro to the lingo here. Apparently the day has gotten so big that it's now referred to as International Talk Like a Pirate Day. It's come a long way in the past couple of years, ye scurvy bilge rat.

If you've never tried it, you should. A nice long aaaaaarrrrg for no reason while you're running errands somehow just feels right.

2 comments:

Eric Fullerton said...

Like, this one time in pirate camp, someone stole my doubloons right out of my locker, I mean Davy Jones' locker, and he was pissed.

I don't think I'm doing this right.

L. Shepherd said...

Hmmmm... I don't think there are any rules on Talk Like a Pirate Day. And Davy Jones does stay pissed pretty much all the time, so I think you're fine.